Saturday 6 July 2013

My Zero


My friend from elementary school was correct. 

We were stuck in bumper to bumper traffic leaving Chicago.  There had just been an accident and an ambulance had whizzed by in the far right shoulder.  A whole bunch of jerks decided to follow him and skirt by the traffic.  The person ahead of me pulled over into the shoulder to act as a guard.  The man pictured above was caught behind him for about 15 minutes, and spent that time completely irritated with him and displaying a bit of road rage.

There very well could have been another ambulance that needed to attend the scene, and jerks like the guy above would have blocked the way. Often standing up for what is right means being unpopular with the masses.  I myself probably wouldn't have had the nerve to stand my ground, but hope to remember this situation the next time I see an injustice occur.  I was so proud of our "guard" for stopping this jerk!!

And Timothy, I always knew that you were brilliant!!



1 comment:

  1. The current Nature of Things episode on CBC's website reveals that justice is an innate concept. Even children as young as 3 years already know what fairness is. At some point in a child's upbringing, the concept of societal justice is overruled by selfishness.

    ReplyDelete